Acupuncture is an integral part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for treating pain and illness. Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine filiform needles into particular points on the body. These points are located along acupuncture meridians, which roughly correspond to nerve and vascular pathways. According to Chinese Medicine each meridian affects specific organs and associated bodily functions. Acupuncture is based on the Asian notion of ‘Qi’, or vital energy by regulating imbalances of Qi in the body symptoms are addressed at the root.
Acupuncture treatments are safe, effective and gentle for both physical maladies and emotional issues, including stress, anxiety and depression.
Benefits of Acupuncture:
- Strengthens the immune system to prevent illness
- Promotes quicker recovery time from illness or injury
- Increases circulation and metabolism
- Releases endorphin’s – your body’s natural pain killer
- Creates harmony within the body
Acupuncture can be used to treat:
- Addictions to cigarettes, heroin, cocaine, food, etc.
- Emotional disorders including anxiety and depression
- Digestive complaints such as nausea, vomiting, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, hiccups, dysentery due to certain bacteria, and chronic duodenal ulcers
- Pain due to injury or chronic degenerative diseases
- Ear, nose and throat disorders including toothache, earache, sinus inflammation, and nasal dryness or inflammation
- Respiratory disorders such as uncomplicated bronchial asthma
Eye disorders including inflammation, near-sightedness and uncomplicated cataracts
- Nervous system and muscular disorders with a focus on relieving pain including lower back pain, sciatica, headaches and migraines, weakness after stroke, bed wetting, frozen shoulder and tennis elbow
- Skin Disorders such as eczema, psoriasis and itchy, dry skin